Tuesday, April 15, 2008

As April 22nd Approaches...

... we reflect on how to put the participation back in democracy and get our voting fingers ready. In following with this theme, I forgot to include this photo in my last post.
And don't tell me you don't know who Janet Leigh is...! She's the reason most of us are still afraid of mamma's boys and taking showers in creepy old motels! Sadly, she appears to be being manhandled by some tasteless City Hall jerks in 1962, only a few years short of women's lib and sexual harassment charges. Sorry, Janet!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Wow that is such a wonderful picture. I love anything with a local flavor. And it is just so interesting! I remember going to this restaurant and they had all these campaign buttons - I know that is kind of a non-sequitor but when I saw Janet Leigh it reminded me of that.

Achay said...

Well, I wonder if that picture just looks worse than it is. They reaching for the pins (at least that's what they want us to think), but it looks like they're grabbing something else. But don't we eat this stuff up? I mean look at how much media attention that recent fishing picture of Dick Cheyney received! It wasn't a naked woman, but I think everyone wanted it to be.

Don Diego said...

Are you going to create a website in devotion to Janet? I am a fan of websites about historical figures.