Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Historical Perspective on Your Education...

While at work today, I found this really cool photograph, which grants an interesting perspective on the history of the iSchool. To some, it might also beg for a joke on getting your doctorate, but I will desist. I have been getting the hang of things at the City Archives and am now scanning, tagging and uploading images at a rate of about 65-80 photos a day. Considering there are tens of thousands more to go, I will have to increase my output. But, lucky for you, I will be sure to post links to the gems I uncover on here.

5 comments:

Chrysalis said...

Sounds like you are coming across some interesting photographs. What a great project to work on! Looking forward to seeing more photos you discover.

zerbipedia said...

Whoa, that photo is really neat. It's amazing how cities grow and change over the years. You must get to see some fascinating things!

Brice said...

What a cool photo, and an interesting position to have. Please continue to share things relevant to our little area of the city!

alek (initials: as) said...

The rush building used to be a hospital? This is bad news to me. I watched a TV program about people with extrasensory abilities. They usually feel really bad in hospitals, mental homes and such. They say, they could feel people's pain.

Johannes said...

That's indeed a cool photograph. Hard to believe that it looked like that, if you know how it looks today. Let's hope we don't feel the pain of the people of the past as Alex says ;)